Saturday, November 1, 2008

Zac Posen Splash Print Pleated Evening Jacket

Shoes: Dries Van Noten, Pants: Sass & Bide, Singlet: SABA, Watch: Calvin Klein, Jacket: Zac Posen (eek! I do have a neck, I promise!)


As I was tidying my wardrobe, this Zac Posen silk bolero caught my eye. It has been sitting in my wardrobe for a year or so, feeling unloved, unworn & neglected, as it still has its tags attached to it.  

When I first saw it I fell in love with its vivid colours and subtle gold streaks through it, its soft pleated silk, and the fact that it seemed so artistic, with its bold splashes of 'paint' & dramatic design (visions of 'Dynasty' flash through my mind).  Every time I reached for it I realised I was not daring enough: fears of looking like a clown or a matador restrained me from wearing it.  

Perhaps pairing it with Harem pants would not help the 'looking like a clown' situation, and I always envisioned wearing it with distressed jeans and white tank top.  Seeing I no longer fit any of my jeans, these will have to do for now (I just happened to be wearing the black outfit under the bolero today).  I think I may just bite the bullet and wear it out (time to cut off those tags)...



I'm curious: How would you wear this jacket/bolero?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.