Monday, November 10, 2008

Bamboo, Graffiti Walls and a peek at my Melbourne purchases

I almost purchased this Akira Isogawa silk dress with blue bamboo (not pink). I furtively took a picture of it in the change room but it turned out blurry. The bamboo is hand-painted and I loved the feel of it, but because of the delicate (and white) silk, and the fact that it was sheer, I realized that although the all-blue silk/wool version was simpler, it was more versatile, and could be worn with anything anywhere.
PICTURE: In the changeroom of the Akira store (where I also bought my wedding dress from), top left: my Dries Van Noten beaded/sequinned shirt dress and Willow blue silk coat/dress, on pink stool: Burberry red Manor bag, Tom Binns Faux Real cuff)

Melbourne's arquitecture is so beautiful and has a European feel to it. I wish I had taken photos of the beautiful Melbourne streets. Another interesting side of Melbourne I hadn't noticed earlier in my previous visits, was the amazing graffiti art found in little alleys (although the one above was not the best by far).

A close-up of the sequinned band of my Dries Van Noten sheer black blouse.

I came home with the intention to have a play with my Melbourne purchases, but have a killer headache, so just photographed a 'teaser'. I am already thinking of the different things I will wear with this Akira silk (with a touch of wool) dress, especially with lots of colourful accessories...I am toying with the idea of trying a DIY colourful Dries Van Noten-inspired necklace, but like many projects, may sit in my 'ideas' box. I love that it feels like I'm wearing nothing whilst wearing this dress, it is so soft, light & comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.