Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 3 - Melbourne Shopping Report

Day 3 - Shopping in the City Part II

Purchases: One (hooray!). Yesterday's was my favourite Australian designer Akira Isogawa, today, my favourite International designer Dries Van Noten. It's a fairly simple black fine sheer knit, blouson-style, with a wide sequinned band in front. Will try not to hype it too much, as I don't want to let you all down when I get to post a picture up (I may have hyped the Akira blue dress too much...)

Today's outfit: Dries Van Noten silk blouse, Sass & Bide Harem Pants, Dries Van Noten buckle sandals (later swapped for Havaianas, haha), Tom Binns Faux Real cuff & Burberry red Manor bag (again, pics in 'Packing for 4 Seasons in 1 Day' post).

Breathtaking moments: Again, many amazing Dries Van Noten pieces, this time in Cose Ipanema (where I purchased my blouse/top), including the stunning beaded/sequinned pieces from the Spring 2008 collection (still at full-price). Tried the dress below, once again 2 sizes too big (most DVN pieces in store are size 40!), but the SA were trying to convince me it looked good, uhm, sadly I don't have $2000+ to spend on a dress that makes me look like a sack...the dress is already 'oversized', imagine 'oversized' and two sizes too big on top of that), also tried the amazing cuff below...(thought it was a purse as it had a zip! Didn't look quite right on me). I can't find a picture of my top, and I just arrived home, hope to update with proper pictures soon.

Shops covered:

City: Cose Ipanema, Chanel (finally saw the reissue I thought I wanted, but realized that even though I love big bags, a smaller size can be for evening and night), Christine (amazing accessories - so much Lanvin! Thanks Joyce for taking me there! I had a great time this arvo!), Green with Envy (left a cute Sass & Bide tee with a sequinned Mickey Mouse on hold there, didn't go back as I ran out of time, the one I tried on had a cream/almost peach tone to it, which I was unsure of, hence I didn't get it straight away), Marais (the SA Calvin was adorable, such a sweetheart!) - Anne Valerie Hash, Sharon Wauchob, Preen, Hussein Chalayan...all my favourite designers, great store! Also went to Zambesi, and spotted those Martin Margiela sandal/boots in black...$1200 *sigh* (this was just after purchasing the DVN top, so reluctantly put the boots back on the chair it was on).

Food: Yu-u for lunch. I finally found this, after searching for it twice, and it was worth it. Gorgeous place (no pictures allowed! I love taking pictures of food!), and amazing set lunch for $16, very filling (and I eat a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.