Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Le Muu Muu - Loungewear as Outerwear?


Silk batik kaftan worn with Tom Binns Faux Real cuff (close-up pic in my previous post) & Lanvin bronze gladiator sandals.

So it isn't actually a 'Mumu', but that's what I affectionally call this amazing piece of clothing, it is seriously the most comfortable piece of clothing I own, and the soft flowy silk feels amazing against my skin when I move, love its flowy drapey nature.

I purchased this silk batik hand-painted kaftan in Malaysia, and they tell me it's their traditional clothing worn whilst at home. When I purchased it I couldn't fathom wearing it only within the confines of my four walls. My friend was appalled when I told her I wanted to wear it out (she's not Asian), as was my mother-in-law, when I donned it to a family dinner. I have worn it out on several occasions, but most enjoyably, there is nothing I like more than coming home and putting this on, leaving the cares of the day fall off my shoulders as I relax in comfort.

So what do you think, should it be kept as loungewear? Or can it be outerwear as well?


(www.vogue.com.au)
I just saw this silk Easton Pearson 'Kaftan' at Francesca for $1500 (at less than a tenth of the price, mine's not too bad!).

Lanvin Bronze Gladiator sandals (picture from Matches)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.