Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Return of the Prodigal Outfit Post: Batik, Beading and Tapas



click to enlarge

Yes, it has been quite some time since I last posted an outfit post, apologies to you all who have written to say you have missed them...

Last night I went out for dinner with hubby and my cousin, who was visiting from interstate, and we went to one of my favourite restaurant for 'tapas' (not entirely traditional). The weather has warmed up all of a sudden (although it will drop by 15 Celsius from Monday to Tuesday), and in warmer weather I love wearing this Batik print vintage sarong (acquired from my mother's wardrobe, it is actually older than me!). Inspired by Dries Van Noten's latest collection, I decided to dress my batik sarong up a little:


Dress: Batik vintage sarong skirt
Vest: Dries Van Noten top worn back to front and open (it is actually meant to be worn under another printed top)
Shoes: Marni patent sandals
Bag: Chloe lambskin bracelet bag
Jewellery: Necklace from Bauhaus, Swarovski Nirvana ring

The actual 'front' of the top, I absolutely adore the beautiful beading...

I had planned to wear this outfit with my Topshop sequinned jacket, but it was just too warm when I left the house...I forgot to put my Bauhaus bracelet back on when after taking the jacket on.

TAPAS


We started dinner with a Pink Sangria: Brachetto, Aperol, Rosso Antico & Fresh Pink Grapefruit juice; and on the right: Ocean trout, mandarin jelly, mache & carrot (unfortunately this looked better than it tasted, and it did look too pretty to eat, we found it too sweet...)

Hervey Bay scallop, sweet corn polenta, popcorn & basil (absolutely delicious!)

Kingfish sashimi, sago, cucumber & mint

School prawns & saffron rouille

Hubby's favourite (he ordered another two just for himself as 'dessert' after we ate these): Mini wagyu burger with pancetta & beetroot chips

Duck, beetroot, cinnamon tea cake & chocolate (yes, you read right, chocolate! Another dish that sounded/looked more interesting than it tasted...)

Beef carpaccio, pickled mushrooms, wild rice & crispy egg (the crispy 'noodle' things around the runny egg was absolutely incredible...I quite enjoyed this dish).

Dessert: Chocolate fondant & pistachio ice cream

It was my dad's 60th yesterday (he is currently in Japan) and my little sister's b'day on Thursday (she and my other sister are in Marrakesh 'for the weekend', how unfair is that?). FELIZ ANIVERSARIO!!!

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend...I am off to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.