Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Noir Fashion Event & Recent Buys: Dries Van Noten silk sequined jacket & Lanvin flats

Two weeks ago I attended a fashion event featuring Australian designers' tribute to the colour 'black'...my favourite piece was the sparkly long dress with the draped back...Although not perfect, I was pleasantly surprised that the photos I took without flash (I am not a flash fan) still turned out ok, despite the darkness and moving models...I am afraid I was so focused on trying to take the pictures, I did not take note of which designer each dress was from (some included: Romance was Born, Nicola Finetti, Alannah Hill, and Therese Rawthorne)









pics: taken by yours truly

I wore my Dries Van Noten sequined silk jacket (recent buy), and in the 2 minutes I had to change (bad 'fat' day concurrently with an 'I have nothing to wear' day), I teamed it with the beaded & sequined sandals & clutch from the same collection (I know, shame on me), Rick Owens black dress, and a matte gold irregularly-sized oval rings long necklace I purchased from the Gaudi museum in Barcelona...







click to enlarge (runway pics from style.com)

LOVE the trench version of this jacket shown on the runway:

style.com

Another recent buy (on their way to me), Lanvin ballet patent flats with bow (was hoping to find a plain pair, i.e. no bow, but cannot seem to find one in my size, figure I can always return them...but I do really need to start to stock up on more comfortable flats):


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.