Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saucy Lulu & Akira at the Asian Feast

Today I went to my cousin's "birthday" (which was really a disguise for his engagement party), the dress theme was 'Asian', as was the food. Oriental outfits being one of my favourite, I thought I'd have an absolute ball and dress in a kimono, but toned it down in the last minute, although I wish I hadn't. Everyone went all-out, and there were so many elaborate Asian outfits at the party! A full Korean costume (I had never seen one in real life, so beautiful!), full-length kimonos & obis, samurai outfits, vietnamese & chinese outfits, and as it turns out, I was the one underdressed for once! I had to point out the kimono sleeves on my top, and my geisha-ish shoes, when someone asked if I came dressed in an 80's theme instead of Asian...



Top: Saucy Lulu vintage muslin cloth, beaded & sequinned, kimono sleeves, and sash at the back

Thought I'd share some pics of the Asian food with you all. My family gatherings always revolve around food, and we certainly know how to enjoy it...

Sushi (Japanese)
Kuey (Malaysian dessert) in foreground & 'Turtle backs' (Chinese) in background

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.