Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 3: Sydney (no shopping) Report


Pic of the chandelier, which is encased in a tube in my hotel room

Purchases: Nil (fashion-related).

Today's outfit: Willow Safari coat-dress (purchased on Day 1), Leona Edmiston Pins in Onyx & Havaianas Slim in champagne (nothing like Havs for comfort when walking several blocks), Chloe Ava bag in Mocha, Ditta Addict sunglasses.

Stores covered: Chanel (Castlereagh St., City), sadly, no purchases.

Breathtaking moments: Eating the most amazing chocolate tarte and strawberry & vanilla bean brulee tarte looking at the Sydney Opera House & Sydney Harbour...Seeing the Riedel glass chandelier at the Rockpool Bar & Grill (where our friend works as a sommelier to a restaurant that boasts an incredible wine menu, including a bottle going for a mere $89,150.00, we didn't order that one, that's almost 9 Birkins!).

Food: Brunch at The Book Kitchen, a cute little cafe in Surry Hills (255 Devonshire St), which has two bookshelves filled with cook books you can peruse whilst at the restaurant. Hubby had organic scrambled eggs with smoked ham hock, spinach, persian fetta & asparagus, and I had a beautiful blue swimmer crab cake with tomato, avocado, salsa verde; oh and then I polished off a berry smoothie (yum!).
Walking out of The Book Kitchen I spotted the Boulangerie my cousin had also recommended, The Bourke Street Cafe (cnr of Devonshire St & Bourke St), being too full from my (very) large brunch, I only took away two tarts: chocolate and strawberry & vanilla bean brulee ($4.40 ea.), which I later ate at the Sydney Harbour, and were absolutely to-die-for! The pastry was beautifully light, flaky & crisp (I though it'd be a shortcrust pastry, which I love, but this was even better!), the chocolate wasn't a heavy ganache, but deliciously light in texture as well, and the brulee...incroyable! How I wish I had bought more of them and brought some home! There were several other cakes & tartes to choose from, will definitely go back when I next visit Sydney.

Pics 1 & 4 are from The Book Kitchen's website, other photos are my own






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.