Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 1: Sydney Shopping Report


Day 1 - Shopping in the 'City'

Purchases: Five.

From the Willow sale:
* 2x Silk georgette scarves with fine copper chain 'fringe' in pale grey and black
* Oyster Safari coat dress (which I wore on day 3, pics to come).
From the Akira store at The Strand:
* 'Waist Tuck Pants' in Ink, I posted about in Akira Isogawa Printemps Ete 2009 a few months ago. Beautifully cut in a gorgeous heavy silk satin fabric & high-waisted, I see it as an 'upgrade' from my Harem pants, and am in love with them (as well as with the draped Willow skirt, they're my favourite purchases from this trip).

Tuck Waist Pants in Ink

Today's Outfit: Started with Akira blue silk/wool dress & Claude Maus navy silk chiffon hoodie and Dries Van Noten patent grey sneaker wedges and Chloe Ava tote in Mocha, I later changed into the Willow dover grey silk draped skirt I had bought earlier in the day, with the Marni grey top, grey Willow georgette silk scarf with fine copper chains, and Dries Van Noten beaded sandals.

Breathtaking moments: At the Willow sale were some stunning fully sequinned pieces I had never seen before, one dress in particular was absolutely stunning. At Akira, breathtaking pieces from the Printemps Ete 2009 collection. Including:


This scarf

This dress

This jacket (I tried it in black, and tried the pants too), also gorgeous obis...
This dress, beautifully embroidered at the front (saw a lady trying this on, but without the obi, which I think is needed for this dress)...absolutely stunning!

This dress (too small for me, as this was cut small...boo hoo!)
All photos above from www.akira.com.au

Shops covered: Willow sale at Kippax Street, Surry Hills; The Strand: The Corner Shop (amazing pieces by Dion Lee), Akira Isogawa; MLC Centre: Belinda (gorgeous SS09 Dries Van Noten pieces, and Ann Demeulemeester jewellery), Robby Ingham and Evelyn Miles (from which I once bought my Patrick Cox peep-toes, and stocked Miu Miu and gorgeous shoes, now only to be filled with Midas shoes, what happened?); Swarovski (shopping for a birthday present for my mom); Myer & David Jones department stores.

Food: Started with brekkie at a funky backpackers on George St (coffee and a spinach, fetta & scrambled eggs on Turkish bread), and then I met my cousin, and we went to the Sydney Fish Markets, armed with rice, ponzo sauce, wasabi, bowls, chopsticks and sauce dishes for a sashimi picnic! We bought fresh Rock oysters, grilled unagi (eel), sashimi tuna & kingfish, wakame (seaweed salad), all washed down with Sapporo (beer). Absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.