Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Practical vs Not-so-Practical Purchases


SABA Corinne Babywool Polo tops

I recently purchased these knits from SABA (Australian label, for whom Scott Schumann, aka 'The Sartorialist' is reportedly shooting a campaign for), in black, charcoal grey & marle soft grey. Not only are they Winter staples I always seem to lack each time this season comes, but they are beautifully cut, with panels at the waist for that perfect fit, and slightly puffed shoulders in an incredibly babysoft merino wool, and all at $50 off its rrp!

Despite all this, I was still reluctant to purchase these knits. Why? Because they are ‘practical’ items, the ones I am reluctant to spend my money on, often the staples or basic items I 'need' rather than 'want;, that don’t excite me terribly, along with underwear, gymwear, hosiery, pyjamas & clothes for work.

Why is it sometimes easier to buy something that may cost more, but will be worn less often?

Stella McCartney patent wedge heels (on my sad-looking grass) - the sculptural wood & metal wedge heel is incredible!

Dries Van Noten sequinned, beaded sandals (aka. my dream shoes, finally mine - please excuse the ugly pic)


Are you the same? Are there certain items you are more reluctant to spend your money on than others?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.