Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Recent Buys: via London & Melbourne: Burberry Prorsum, Dries Van Noten & Empire Rose


Burberry Prorsum Military Coat


Last week I spotted this coat in the Elle UK December issue (p.112) (I'm always a month or so behind as I refuse to pay air freight prices), and fell in love. Called my sister (who lives in London), and she tracked it down for me last Friday, and it's now mine! I'm so excited! I have such a love for coats that I'm even eyeing them in summer...crazy seeing it was 110 F/43 C today !!!

It's a Prussian blue military style cocoon shaped quilted trench coat which is double breasted, with buttoned epaulettes, a high collar and two rows of buttons which end at the waist with inverted pleats below.

www.style.com

Dries Van Noten Strappy Sandals

During my visit to Melbourne this weekend for the Australian Open (saw Nadal play, he is incredible), I did manage to squeeze some shopping, and returned to Belinda and purchased a simplified version of the Dries Van Noten multicoloured sandals I missed out on last week (I am still upset over it, see below). Although in no way as stunning as the pair I originally 'purchased', these are a worthy consolation prize (I will still keep an eye out for the blue multicoloured pair), and I love the rich colour of the cognac leather straps (and the fact that they're incredibly comfortable).

(pics via www.style.com)

Empire Rose Militaire Vest Helmut in Chrome

Next to the Belinda store, was Empire Rose, a Western Australian label I have followed/owned/loved since the 90's. This vest was too gorgeous to resist, with its narrowly-cut shoulders and cute pockets, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.