Thursday, January 8, 2009

Buenos Aires - Pt I: La Boca/ El Caminito

I am happy to report that I accomplished most (if not all) I intended to do whilst in Buenos Aires as I posted in "Buenos Aires - Here we Come". One of the highlights of my trip to Buenos Aires was El Caminito, in La Boca. I am glad we went early to avoid the crowds, which allowed us to soak in the gorgeous happy colours and architecture of this old area. Later in the morning the La Boca markets started, with jewellery, leather and craft stalls attracting the many tourists.

I heard La Boca was quite an unsafe area, and in most parts of Buenos Aires I had my Chloe Ava bag slung across my body. I looked absolutely silly, but oh well, better safe than sorry I suppose...

Quilmes was our favourite beer in Argentina, and I'm not even a huge beer drinker! It was refreshing and 'clean' and crazily, cheaper than water! You could get a 1l bottle for $3 to $4 pesos!

There were some crazy porteños (Buenos Aires residents) checking us out from their window sills.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.