Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Buenos Aires - Part III: Recoleta & Senor Tango



Recoleta's 'El Cemiterio'


Alvear Palace Hotel:

Wearing the red flower necklace from my previous post, that I bought in San Telmo, with my Akira blue silk/cotton dress. We had a lovely high tea to celebrate hubby's birthday at Alvear Palace Hotel's L'Orangerie (this hotel is Buenos Aires' Waldorf Astoria, it was gorgeous!). For 90 pesos (it was about US$30) you get a beautiful high-tea (the Alvear blend of tea was unreal, and I'm not that big on teas ) with a delightful Kir Royal (subtract 10 pesos if you don't want this beautiful glass of champagne with sirop de cassis)

Senor Tango:

This isn't Recoleta, but I had to show you my sister wearing one of the silk reversible wrap skirts/dresses I bought from Puntos en el Espacio,the pop of blue from my sister's 'dress' is the 'other' side of the silk skirt/dress (the pink side has a beautiful tie-dye effect, and the blue side has a subtle print that isn't shown in the picture).

Senor Tango is 'the most amazing Tango show in Buenos Aires' (or so some locals confirmed this recommendation from someone we met at a restaurant). It was absolutely spectacular! US$100 gets you dinner & show, but we just went for the Tango show for US$30, and the music, the orchestra, the dancing, the singing...just amazing! I highly recommend it, so if you go to Buenos Aires, be sure to check them out at www.senortango.com.ar. Shame the picture is so blurry, or you could see the feather headband I bought in Buzios, RJ (Brazil), as well as the single-flower blue-version of the red flower necklace from San Telmo from my previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.