Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 2: Melbourne Shopping Report


Nothing like celebrating with a nice Champagne (Billecarte) breakfast...

French Toast: homemade fig, apricot, hazelnut brioche with praline cream and clover honey

Inside Madam Sou Sou: so French, so bohemian...

Baked eggs Basque style, tomato sauce with chick peas, chorizo, crรจme fraiche and fresh mint

La Vasette: my favourite store on Brunswick St since I first saw it in the late 90's, beautifully displayed colour-coordinated flowers, and the outside is so cute!

After our bellies were full, it was off for some shopping...

Purchases: Nil for myself. Although I did find my lovely cousin two amazing navy blue dresses (one a gorgeous Prada sleeveless dress, the other a beautiful 3.1 Phillip Lim dress...I was so sad not to be able to buy either for myself due to my expanding waistline, but happy my cousin took them home, and looked so gorgeous in both dresses...). These were purchased at Clover, thanks to i.d.'s recommendation!!!

Today's Outfit: Akira Isogawa silk/cotton embroidered maxi dress from Resort 09, Chloe silk top (worn unbuttoned and upside down, funnily I can see the tag in the photo above), Chloe bracelet lambskin bag & Havaianas slim thongs in Champagne (too hot & bothered to wear anything else).

Breathtaking moments: Finding the 3.1 Phillip Lim dress I have wanted for years, only to find that although last time I tried this size it was too big, this time it was too small, so very bittersweet...It is a shame that the store version is not as long as the runway version, I fell hard for the red flower 'bib' on the dress the first time I saw it (almost 2 years ago).

style.com

Shops covered:
Brunswick St: Clover (No. 404, I believe) - my first time to this store, and I must come back to it next time!
City:
Cactus Jam International at QV - Albert Coates Ln
, Christensen Copenhagen (ditto), Belinda at GPO - I did not have much time for shopping in the afternoon, nor the stamina, due to the heat.

Food: Champagne breakfast at Madam Sou Sou (231 Brunswick St, Fitzroy) - another brilliant recommendation by the gorgeous and oh SO talented i.d. of justfashionartdesign - Thank you so much Imma! LOVED it!

PS. Thank you all for your well-wishes for hubby's exam! He passed!!! We only found out a few days ago, but he was the only person in the country to pass both the written AND oral exam this year! Not only am I so proud of him, but so happy I finally get him 'back', it's been a long year of studying (and doing less fun stuff, and me having to watch TV with headphones on, haha). WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.