Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My new Dries Van Noten Djamilla dress - I'm in love! And in trouble...

I'm in love! After my Akira Isogawa wedding dress., this Dries Van Noten silk dress from the Fall 2008 collection is now my favourite dress in my wardrobe. Because of the sun/lighting, I noticed the multicoloured part of the dress appears more colourful in the pictures. In real life the colours are more subdued (as shown on the runway picture & close-up in my previous post).

I tried taking some outfit shots, but the lighting was all wrong, so you couldn't see the dress, and then I started melting due to the heat (probably a good thing, as I don't do this dress justice, it's SO beautiful in real life!), so I gave up, will try again when it's not so hot (the weather's 'cooled down' to 38 Celsius, 100 Fahrenheit)


Sorry the pictures are so big!



Oh dear! Somebody stop me! I was so happy & excited over the Djamilla dress, I bought the Davina the following day (from the same collection), it features a gorgeous pleated neckline & vibrant colours (not so vibrant in this picture), and a contrasting print hem at the bottom:

(www.style.com)

That's it, no more shopping for the rest of the month...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.