Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recent Buys: Dries Van Noten, Burberry Prorsum & Stella McCartney


How embarassing, the title looks almost identical to one I posted a few weeks ago, am seeing a trend here...

Dries Van Noten


I fell in love with the simple silhouette of this Dries Van Noten dress, with its boatneck, knotted back, short draped sleeves, and gorgeous wooden beads & coral detail on the neck line. Not game enough to pull-off the runway version above (for some reason it reminds me of a dress Fran Drescher wore on an episode of 'The Nanny' many years ago), I opted for a soft golden-brown version, and a plain fuschia silk version as a versatile-option I hope to reach for several times. I am planning to wear it with electric blue, bright orange (I just purchased an orange silk kimono raincoat), as well as subdued with charcoal in Winter...

Burberry Prorsum

(www.style.com)

Because you can never have too many coats nor Burberry Prorsum pieces in your wardrobe...

Stella McCartney


(www.firstview.com)

Another fuschia purchase! Who would've thought I would be wearing pink?!?

A year or so ago I fell in love with these Stella McCartney pumps, and bought them in black (thinking I wouldn't find them in the other colours), then red, followed by patent grey, and now I finally managed to track down the gorgeous fuschia satin pair to complete the 'family'. Hubby & I don't usually exchange V-day presents, so when I gave him something little, he felt bad for not getting me anything. Feeling guilty for buying these when I said 'no more shopping 'til March', I said these can be his V-day pressie to me, problem 'solvered'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.