Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pre-Fall 2010 Part 4: Calvin Klein and Alexander Wang - Minimalist

Calvin Klein

Brazilian-designer Francisco Costa used innovative matte cashmere knits, made on a circular knitting machine to create a relaxed, cocoon like silhouette. Hanging on the racks were navy, ruby, and nectarine versions of many of the 17 black and white looks put on models; I wish I could sneak a peek at the coloured versions...My favourite piece was the last column dress...simple yet so stunning:







Alexander Wang

"My girl, she's got to go to work sometime," Alexander Wang joked. This collection was a definite departure from his edgy downtown vibe - decidedly more 'grown up'. I especially loved the jackets, the first jacket being my favourite; the layered peplumed leather corsets on top of a shirtdress or under a suit, and the long and lean silhouettes. He did another version of his draped goddess dresses (love these dresses of his), this time with a leather bra-cup bodice and sequins, I am still dreaming of owning (and fitting into) one of his white 'goddess' draped dresses...







all pics via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.