Thursday, June 25, 2009

To buy or not to buy?


I am in love with my recent (and first) Rick Owens purchase, its clean lines, clever draping & silhouette, in addition to his brilliant use of sheer silk...

www.style.com

It has whetted my appetite for more...

I am now obsessing over this coat, particularly its sheer sleeves, sheer perfection!

www.style.com

To buy or not to buy? That is the question...

I couldn't take a decent picture of the dress (black is so hard to photograph!), especially the sheer draped back of it, I will try again with better lighting sometime soon. I probably shouldn't have popped my hands in my pockets, I look so wide! But I had to show the pockets off, they're so deep, and my hands keep automatically going in them!

Rick Owens draped silk dress (pockets!!!)
Dries Van Noten beaded & sequinned sandals

Love:
*The bubble hem
*The draped back
*The sheer panel at the back, which also drapes
*The deep pockets
*I tried it on with every jacket/cardi/coat I own, and it goes beautifully with practically all of them! I think I can wear these for half a year in all different combinations...

Tonight I am dressing it down with a Margiela cardigan (so soft!), as I head out to dinner with the girls:

Rick Owens silk draped dress
Martin Margiela military merino wool knit cardigan
Dries Van Noten buckle sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.