Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sydney Day 4 - Raise the Red Lantern



After watching several cooking shows with Luke Nguyen cooking in the streets/boats/unusual locations in Vietnam, I have been dying to dine at his restaurant 'Red Lantern'. It is just a stone's throw away from my sister's place, so it was the perfect place to catch up with a friend for lunch:


Compliments from the chef...

Goi cuon - prawn rice paper rolls at Red Lantern

Muc Ruong Moi - lightly battered chilli salted squid

Goi Du Du - green papaya, tiger prawns & Berkshire pork salad

Goi vit - roast duck & banana blossom salad with pickled vegetables & Vietnamese herbs

Panfried tofu with lemongrass, in tomato, chilli & black pepper sauce - as my friend 'A' dubbed it...tofu a la Parmagiana

Bo Luc Lac - cubed pastured fed black Angus sirloin tossed in a flaming wok with garlic, sesame & black pepper

Chim Cut - twice cooked quail stuffed with Kurubota pork served with salad of fennel in citrus & soy dressing

Love my friend's satchel!

Spotted this cute doggy as we walked from 'Red Lantern' to our 'dessert' location...

Although my friend was stopped for photos at least 3 times within that one block (and not just by schoolgirls)...My sister, hubby & I chuckled a little each time, or when the schoolgirls yelled out from across the street: "We love you 'A'"!

Three guesses as to where I suggested we go for dessert...Yep, Bourke Street Bakery. How I love that it is so close to my sister's place (and Red Lantern)! I had the chocolate tart (pictured in the window) and yet another chocolate & rasberry mousse tart...My sister is coming to visit me this Friday, wonder if I should ask her to bring me some tarts?

2 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.