Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Olivia Palermo - the real Blair Waldorf




I have never watched 'The Hills' or 'The City', and only discovered Olivia Palermo's stunning style through magazines (and street style blogs), and wondered who she was...She reminds me of 'Blair Waldorf', with her impeccably styled hair, preppy 'Upper East Side' style, and gorgeous smile. Like Leighton Meester (who plays Blair Waldorf), I prefer Olivia as a brunette.

Palermo is a master at blending inexpensive pieces, high-end designer items, and vintage articles to establish her sophisticated style; from Zara to Topshop, Ann Taylor and Hermes. She keeps things interesting by trying several different shapes and lengths, rather than playing it safe in a single silhouette; and has a love for blazers (I absolutely love blazers), as well as opaque stockings (keeping stylish in wintry weather).

Her shopping rule (and a good one):
Always try to buy things that I know will work with what I have in my closet, or something that I know I’ll grow into.








I am in love with this navy blazer! Must get my hands on one, the cut is brilliant!




I particularly like her 'casual' outfits, but they are hard to find online...but even 'casual' she exudes a sophistication and elegance, even in very distressed jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.