Sunday, April 25, 2010

Autumn Leaves...of red & gold

Well, it turns out last weekend's 'Last Hoorah' celebration was a little premature...another weekend has come & gone and...no 'action' as yet. So, to appreciate another weekend as a 'twosome', hubby & I took a drive to the Hills for a nice lunch...


Chocolate oatmeal stout (beer) on the menu! Must try that next time...

Red deer osso bucco with herbed mash and roasted tomato

Loved the decor...

House-made oxtail ravioli with a rich shiraz glaze

I did not notice the coin on the seat until now...

I was still hungry after my ravioli, so hubby & I shared this as our 'dessert': Wagyu burger with bacon, salad, cheese, house-made beetroot (beetroot in burgers is a very Aussie thing), horseradish sauce & tomato chutney on a sourdough bun.

Chloe grey marle hoodie with silk flower appliques (worn with a silly expression on my face...)

I had almost forgotten it was Autumn until I saw the gorgeous Autumn leaves in the Hills...it has been so warm (up until this day), that it almost still felt like Summer.


For dinner we roasted a leg of lamb, substituting the beer from the recipe taken from the Stonesoup with a Charles Melton's Sparkling 'Brute Peche', with a dash of 'Samuel's Gorge Shiraz'...Such a simple recipe yet so goooood....

Now I am off to finally see Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland'...I can safely say I have never been to the movies this early (10:30am), but I have left it so late in watching this movie that it is the only session!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.