Thursday, January 21, 2010

Japan: Tokyo Part 4 - Aoyama (inc. THE Prada store)

Aoyama is another area near Harajuku Station, with incredible architecture and designer stores:




Herzog and de Meuron's Prada Epicenter:

Please excuse the 1001 photos I took of this building, it was absolutely superbe! I was intrigued by its incredible architecture (both outside and inside), a definite must-see in Tokyo! I had to see it twice, as the first time I saw it was when it was closed, at night...

LOVED the geometrically trussed, bottle-green coloured, bubble glass fronted building...


Incroyable!

We could not figure out what this 'hall' lead to, please excuse the silly pose...hubby told me the light was shining directly on my face otherwise, making me look freaky in the photo...


On our second visit to Aoyama we realised the 'tunnel' was the exit from the basement floor of the Prada store

click to enlarge (I drooled over the Chloe Paraty in black Python)

You can see a little of the incredible interior structure of the Prada store in this picture

Stella McCartney - spreading a little Christmas cheer

Loved the accessories at Miu Miu! I still long for a Miu Miu bow bag...

Ah...Dries...how I love thee...

As do I love thee, Pierre Herme...

Coat:Burberry Prorsum quilted military coat
Scarf:Burberry alpaca fine-knit scarf
Gloves: Coach kid leather gloves lined in cashmere (so warm and so so soft!)
Bag: Chloe Ava bag in Mocha
Dress: Ilana Moses deep purple slip dress




Unfortunately the range of macarons available was quite limited, and the many flavours I had fantasized about trying for so long were not available (e.g. green matcha, jasmine, or white truffle and hazelnut, olive oil...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.