Monday, January 18, 2010

Japan: Tokyo Part 3 - NHK Flea Market and Yoyogi Park


On Sundays, next to Yoyogi Park (i.e. next to Harajuku Station), you can find a flea market next to the NHK hall...


Donna Karan Signatures wool jersey dress
Chloe buckle boots
Nina Ricci silk goosedown-filled jacket
Chanel 5159H sunglasses

Loved this guy's style, from his cute vest to his dusky pink corduroy overalls....

I usually do not fare well in markets, as I get overwhelmed with the volume of items, but on a men's rack I found this vintage bomber embroidered jacket for a mere 500 yen (roughly US$5)...score! I will take some close-up pictures someday...

Not for sale
and too cute for words!

I was tempted by this vintage leather coat with fur trim, but the weight and bulk of it made me put it back on the rack...

Yoyogi Park is one of the largest parks in Tokyo, next to Harajuku Station and Meiji Shrine in Shibuya. The park is a popular hangout, especially on Sundays, when it is used as a gathering place for people to play music, practice martial arts or theatrica plays, etc. It also boasted the cutest dogs I have ever seen.

It was such a delight to watch this Japanese man bring so much joy to little children in Yoyogi Park with a plethora of different nets creating bubbles of various shapes and sizes...

Bringing joy not just to the kids...silly me burst the bubble wearing my silk Nina Ricci jacket, so it's now off to the dry cleaners...

On Sundays you get to see the cute & crazy fashion of Japanese youngsters

The Japanese dogs also often wear the cutest outfits




Early afternoon the 'rockabilly groups' come out to dance...as well as guys dressed up as Elvis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.