Monday, July 6, 2009

My Dr Zhivago coat...


Art always serves beauty, and beauty is the joy of possessing form, and form is the key to organic life since no living thing can exist without it.

Doctor Zhivago
Chapter 14, Section 12

This 'fur' coat is undoubtedly my best vintage purchase ever. On my way between courts (in my law clerking days, 8 years ago), I decided (on a whim) to drop into a vintage store I had often seen but had never entered. Whilst scanning the kaleidoscope of colours within it, I found it, a diamond in the rough...I seriously cannot describe my excitement on seeing it, the soft large fur cuffs & collar, the big 'marbley' buttons, the body of the coat (I still don't know what it is, ponyhair?) was so soft, and the coat so heavy, and all in pristine condition. Best of all, I seriously could not believe the price, I think my fingers were shaking when I paying for it, worried they would discover it was a mistake and demand more money from me...It was all of $60! I have dubbed it my 'Dr Zhivago coat'.

Vintage coat (shame my pics don't do it justice)
Marlova cashmere tank dress (not pictured)
Metallicus grey marle leggings
Chloe Silverado Wedges



J'adore these Chloe Silverado Wedges, and how delicate the wedge is from behind, beautifully sculpted so it's not too chunky:





How gorgeous is Plum Sykes in her Couture Couture coat? Such a cute outfit!

www.style.com

Chloe Fall Winter 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.