Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Akira - My Wedding Dress (Part Trois)


So, now that I have been thinking wedding dresses, I have a dreadful confession to make...one that induces disbelief & horror in those whom I have previously confessed this to...And that is, that I have not dry-cleaned my Akira Isogawa wedding dress since my wedding day over 2 years ago...yes, you read right...oh the shame!!!

At first this was because several hours after the wedding, hubby & I left for our 3-day (yes, that was all my then job would allow me to take) honeymoon; on my return, my sister got married a few days later, and I then travelled for work for practically 3 weeks. When the dust settled, I did not know whom to trust my dress with. Procrastination/uncertainty kicked in, and lo & behold, 2 years have passed (shame on me), and I have been too scared to even look at it since, until today...

I have recently discovered a dry cleaner my friend trusted her Vera Wang dress with, with good results...I have 'tested' them with a grease-stained coat, and they have passed, so...I took a deep breath & took my (crumpled) dress from the top of my wardrobe, and had a look...held my breath for the worse...and it still looks good! Big sigh of relief, crumpled yes, but nothing else...so before I take it to the dry cleaners (at long last), I thought I would take some close-up shots to share...

click to enlarge







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.