Monday, March 23, 2009

Picture perfect wedding...

The lovely & talented Icon tagged me with these questions (and some extra, which I took the liberty to remove, as I recently answered them in a previous tag), I'd like to tag two glamorous & gorgeous Aussie bloggers: DiamondsinChampagne & PorcelaineBlonde (there are extra questions here)

The rules are:

1. Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag other un-tagged people.

What are you wearing today? (I started answering this tag on Saturday)
Dries Van Noten Doreen sequinned dress, Marni Patent heels & Witchery red leather clutch I bought 10 or so years ago for $60 (at half price, it was my most expensive bag then...), actually it's not quite a clutch, there's a short strap I tucked into the bag, I felt the outfit needed a pop of contrasting colour.

Last night I wore this out to meet friends for drinks:


Stella McCartney silk blouse (with a touch of cotton), with detachable collar & monkey button & split sleeves (this was in my 'to sell' pile, as I've had it for years & have never worn it, due to the split sleeves, as I'm not usually a fan, but on a whim, I decided to use it)
Willow pinafore dress (yay for pockets!)
Christian Louboutin patent baby blue pumps

Why is today so special?
As my dad says, everyday is special. But today's especially so because my friends of over 10 years are getting married! The day, wedding & bride were absolutely beautiful, and just look at the most gorgeous parasol ever! (see below).


What would you like to learn to do?
Design/sew/create fashion.

What did you have for dinner?


What's the last thing you bought?
I finally tracked down & bought these Dries Van Noten grey patent wedges, which arrived yesterday from Belgium (woo hoo!):

What are you listening to right now?
Prince - Live in Concert.

What is on your bedside table?
Earplugs & Dries Van Noten collection lookbooks, and an incredibly cool Danish mid-century lampshade.


Say something about the person who tagged you:

Icon is so talented, and made a dress that was displayed at the national art gallery! Her photography & photographs in her blog are always so beautiful & inspiring!

Name the things you can not live without:
Mobile (cell) phone, my laptop/computer, internet (for skype, e-mail, blogs & internet shopping), Havaianas.


What would you like to get rid of?
Prejudice & hatred.

Which language do you want to learn?
French & Mandarin Chinese.

What countries have you visited?
United Kingdom, Brazil, Argentina, USA, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Lichstenstein, Monaco, Austria, Switzerland, Australia, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Canada, Denmark.

What are some of the things you like about where you live?
I am close to beautiful rolling hills & vineyards, as well as the beach.

What's your greatest accomplishment?

My First Class Honours (research) degree, it was one of the toughest years ever...

What is your favorite quality about yourself?
Ooh, what a hard question! I'd like to think it's what my in-laws call 'my good heart'.

What is your favorite quote/saying?
Not highly intellectual or anything, and I can't remember where I got this from (nor the actual words), but I read this in the late 80's, and it saw me through teenage dramas, through to today..."Today that seems so sad & bitter, will be tomorrow's yesterday' (or words to that effect).

Conveniently forgot to add a question to the tag as per the rules:
Which song & movie are your 'go-to' for when you're feeling 'down'?
Song: Shackles (Mary Mary)
Movie: Legally Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.