Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Akira 'Jewelled Lace' Dress - An Optical Illusion


Dress: Akira Isogawa
Shoes: Dries Van Noten sandals
Bag: Mulberry Joni in Bottled-Green
Shrug/Shawl: Zambesi silk jersey shrug
Necklace: Witchery
Cuff:
Tom Binns Faux Real

I bought this Akira Isogawa dress online, and hastily read its description, foolishly not paying attention to what was written. The close-up picture was not as clear as the one I took above, and I was under the impression it had a lace/knitted layer above the cotton, with jewels on it (it was called the Jewelled Lace dress!). Although my pictures don't do this dress justice, I was still happy with it (I love that it's so easy to wear), and kept it, and am packing it with me to go to Buenos Aires/Brasil (I leave in 4 days! Hence I apologise for the long gap between this post and the last).

I first saw the Mulberry Joni bag toted around by friend (who has it in the most gorgeously lush chocolate brown). Everytime I saw her I'd feel the incredibly butter-soft leather and coo. I don't usually buy items my friends (or someone I know) have, as I feel guilty. A year or so later, when preparing for a trip to Europe I thought this messenger-style would be perfect for walking around the busier big cities slung across my body to prevent my bag from being stolen, and succumbed to purchasing it. When it arrived I realised it didn't have a zip to close it at the top (defeating its original purpose of being a 'safe' bag), so didn't end up bringing it with me to Europe, haha, silly me! Still, I love it!

(www.style.com)

These were my first pair of Dries Van Noten shoes, and I still love them so much. So simple & easy-to-wear with a cute metal heel. Dries Van Noten makes such incredible shoes! Don't get me started on the clothes! *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.