Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm a Genie in a Bottle - Harem Pants?

In my mind, the 'return of the Harem pants' started last year with Marc Jacobs' SS07 collection, and his billowy pants:

(www.style.com)

It seems this 'trend' was not as transient as most believed it would be, making more than one appearance in the 2008/2009 shows, including Phi, Michael Kors, Vera Wang, Max Azria, Giorgio Armani, and Diane Von Furstenberg (to name a few), each giving their own 'stamp' to this 'look':


(www.style.com)

As an admirer of all things drapey, I am drawn to its 'easy-factor', comfortable appearance, flowy & drapey nature.  I recently purchased a pair, hoping they would hide a multitude of sins, alas, I look nothing like Alexandra Elbim (pictured below in her YSL jumpsuit), and now wonder whether (like everything else) these pants only suit the long and lithe in figure:

(www.jakandjil.com)

I must point out that I definitely would NOT even contemplate attempting to pull off the 'drop-crotch' look, cool on some, just so not 'me'.  Once I get a better idea on how to take better pictures I will attempt an outfit shot.  I'd love to read your thoughts on 'drapey/harem' pants (not necessarily the drop-crotch ones)!

My Sass & Bide Harem Draped Pants 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.