Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stella McCartney for Target


Today was the release date for Stella McCartney's 2nd collection for Target in Australia. Three years ago there was a huge hype surrounding her first collection for Target here in Oz, and I fell for it, buying several items full-priced because 'they' said items were limited and would sell out very quickly. Sadly, a few weeks later I saw several items on sale racks at incredibly low prices. It took me a year or so to wear some of my pieces, because I was too embarrassed to wear them out, as it seemed every single person had the same blouse (it was a very recognizable print). Having said that, my Stella McCartney cashmere/wool oversized zip cardigan is one of my most-used item in my closet even today, and I wouldn't have minded buying another one.

Anyhoo...I will not be rushing to Target this time to fight with the crowds to buy a 'Stella' piece, especially since the prices are not that 'cheap'. The tulip trench I like is $249, and the gathered silk dress is $299. I have not seen these items in person, but I hope the price is reflected in the quality of these garments (it is still a Target piece after all).

These are my favourite pieces of the collection (you can see the rest of the collection HERE - just click on the 'apparel' link), and here is hoping they will be on the sale rack in a few weeks time:




On another note, today is a MUCH more exciting day for a totally different reason, it is my not-so-little sister's birthday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 'J'!!!



Wish I were there to give you big 'Forever Friends' bear hugs & lots of smooches in person!

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!

xx
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.