Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paris Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2010: Pt 5 - Balenciaga, Balmain, Lanvin & Chanel - The French Heavyweights


Balenciaga


Although the clothes at Balenciaga's latest collections did not grab my attention, the shoes certainly did, reminding me of one of my favourite Brazilian accessories designers, Sobral, with the gorgeous layered vibrant colours (I hugely regret not purchasing a pair of candlesticks when I was last in Brazil):














Lanvin

For amazing behind-the-scenes pics of this amazing show, complete with detailed shots of stunning garments, see gorgeous Nathalie's blog 'I Have Spread My Dreams Under Your Feet' . There were several pieces to Alber Elbaz's collections that made me furrow my brow, but most were so exquisitely beautiful:











Chanel

Although I certainly will not be wearing the 'Chewbacca' furry boots & pants anytime soon, there were many gorgeous pieces at Karl Lagerfeld's AW'10 collection for Chanel:











Balmain

It may just be me, but I feel like the past few seasons of Balmain always have a huge sense of 'deja vu', this time with a touch of Baroque 'n' roll. I do love the cuts on some of these blazers though:





all pics from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.