Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brigadeiro's First Baby Shower


I recently attended my very first baby shower, which was held in honour of...yours truly!


Last year I dropped many not-so-subtle hints, which some of you picked up on, so this may not be a surprise to you all...but yes, in 2 months or so, all going well, there will be a 'Brigadeirozinho(a)' added to my household, so exciting!

While my sister (who lives in London) was down for a visit, she threw me a lovely Baby Shower, complete with amazing baked treats brought by my friends:


No celebration is complete without a drop of French Champagne, my preference for the day: Pol Roger

My sister gave me a lovely 'pamper package' from a Spa in Convent Garden, the 'oils' smell so good...


My friend K made the most amazing rasberry macarons (they were truly to-die-for)! This picture and the first pic above are borrowed from her gorgeous blog, French Safari, as my pictures (taken in a hurry) do not do them justice...She also wrote a brilliant post on making macarons (different ones), which we are all in awe of, as macarons are incredibly hard to make. As a baby shower present, she gave me a 2 hour photographic session, which I am so excited about, her pictures are truly gorgeous!

My sister is determined to spoil little 'Brigadeirozinho(a)'

I made these cupcakes using the 'Magnolia Bakery' recipe for Vanilla cupcakes and vanilla buttercream, and added ribbons of shaved coconut...I have been eating these everyday since, naughty me!

My friend Z made this incredible creme fraiche & rasberry light-as-air butterfly cupcakes...absolutely divine!

You all know of my love for macarons...

Yummy friands by my friend S.

Dressed for comfort (knowing I had to fit all those yummy goodies in my tummy):
Dress: 3.1 Phillip Lim and Koi Suwannagate linen rosette strapless dress
Vest: present from my mom, she bought it in Japan and sent it to me while she was there for a few months
Belt: stretchy beaded brown belt I bought years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.