Saturday, October 25, 2008

TGIF with Chloe & a Touch of Vintage



Wore this out for drinks & dinner with friends on Friday:

Dress: Mom's dress (now vintage) the softest cotton, it feels like silk and has amazing silver thread running through it.
Belt: Chain rope vintage belt (was mom's too)
Shoes: Dior Extreme Pythons
Bag: Chloe large lambskin Bracelet bag


(www.firstview.com)

This is my undoubtedly my favourite bag, which I've had for years (and that's starting to show). The leather is butter soft, and I love the large bracelet brass handle (which can be changed to a leather strap that I pretty much never use), the tiny gold/brass studs, and the fact that I can fit a 1.5L bottle of water, and everything else I ever need to carry (including a spare pair of sandals/thongs if I'm partying).

I truly miss the Phoebe Philo days at Chloe, and absolutely loved this collection, which I consider one of her iconic collections (Spring 2003). I don't think things have been the same since she left, but it'll be interesting to see what direction Hannah MacGibbon takes with the label. Her Spring 2009 collection appears to be stearing Chloe back to a 'girlier' direction, but it's early days yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.