Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bags growing on trees...

In a previous post, I asked you all what you would like to see on this blog. The lovely H of PretaPorterP asked for a group shot of my bags...and here it is:

click to enlarge
From left to right: Paco Rabanna off-white suede bag, Carlos Falchi multicoloured (multileathered) bag, Chloe bracelet bag (my all-time favourite bag), Burberry Manor in red, Balenciaga City in Indigo, Chloe Ava bag in Mocha, Chloe black large Silverado, Balenciaga Classique in Sky Blue

I use both these bags a lot on a daily basis (including to work), the Balenciaga is getting so trashed, love the hardware on the Burberry, it's more gold than in the pictures, but not too gold...It is quite smooshed from having sat on a chair for the past few weeks covered in a pile of coats, oops!

Carlos Falchi is a Brazilian bag designer, I only discovered him after I left Brazil (he is more popular outside Brazil anyway), and this is one of his most classic shapes. I love all the different textures from all the leathers in this bag (barramundi, snakeskin and so forth) and the gorgeous happy colours (so Brazilian, even though most of his bags are not as colourful as this), the long strap means I can wear this across my body, which I especially like for when I travel.

Chloe Silverado bag in original stitching (later models sported the leather laces, I quite like the fine look of this one), this is my current bag 'on rotation', love the side pockets to put my keys and mobile phone for easy access. I have hardly used the Balenciaga classique next to it as I find it a little small, so considered it my 'evening bag'.

The amazing thing about this Balenciaga is that the pale blue colour looks different every time I look at it (the picture shows it to be quite vibrant, although it often is a pale sky blue. I find the goat skin so delicate (the bigger Indigo Balenciaga I have is so worn), and so I have not used this a lot. Also, the last time I used this, one of the studs fell in the club I was in, and (being dark), I couldn't find it, which means I can't use the long strap, not happy!!!

click to enlarge


From left to right (top):

Louis Vuitton Epi Jasmin in yellow
(it has a purple interior, which I fell in love with, I actually bought the matching wallet first,
then went for the bag...it reminds me of 'Felix the Cat' for some reason, even though Felix's yellow bag was rectangular, and mine sadly does not turn into a helicopter).

Burberry mini Manor in beige - due to its small size I classify this as another 'evening' bag, and do not use it as often as say, its bigger version

Fendi Forever Mini Boston Bag - this was a generous gift from my mother-in-law, it has tiny gold studs, but unfortunately, and in danger of sounding ungrateful (I am not)-
early in this blog I wrote about my fashion dislikes, and one is obvious branding: for some reason I feel uncomfortable using such items, so I have only used this less than a handful of times, and only to 'family' occasions

From left to right (bottom):

Mulberry Joni in Bottle Green - this is the softest leather ever (this and my Chloe bracelet bag)

Dries Van Noten beaded & sequinned silk & leather clutch

Burberry patent Hyde clutch in gunmetal


This is another bag I trash around a lot, I like big bags so I can fit a lot of things in them...


Zac Posen Aurora bag: I only used this a handful of times, and then the top part of the loc (engraved 'Zac Posen' which is sort of what the clasp links to) fell off, which I sadly did not notice, I was very upset as I never found the missing piece. I emailed the people at Zac Posen twice and never received a reply...very sad.



These bags in this post are most of my bags...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.